Questions to Ask Before Hiring Senior Home Health Care in Austin, TX
- What kind of home health agency am I hiring in Austin, TX and are they licensed?
- What services are available to me via my home health care agency?
- What makes Austin Home Health better than our competition?
- What does senior home health care cost in Austin, TX?
- How can I pay for home health care services in Austin, TX?
- Is this home health agency in my local area?
- How do I contact Austin Home Health?
- What days and hours is the home health care agency available?
- Is my senior care agency available only in my home, or are their care facilities?
- How much notice do I need to provide in order to start senior care service?
- How does Austin Home Health choose its caregivers?
- Will my senior home caregiver be a contractor or an employee of Austin Home Health?
What kind of home health agency am I hiring in Austin, TX and are they licensed?
When hiring a home health agency, it is important to know whether or not they are licensed by the state. Texcare Services, LLC d/b/a Austin Home Health is licensed by the State of Texas as a Home and Community Support Services Agency.
What services are available to me via my home health care agency?
At Austin Home Health, we are non-medical caregivers, meaning our focus is on providing companionship while assisting with daily needs. These daily needs could be running errands, helping prepare meals, reminding seniors to take their medication, housekeeping, transportation to and from doctor visits, and any other non-medical task.
Our primary services include, but are not limited to:
- Senior Transportation (using caregiver’s vehicle or the client’s vehicle): Safe transportation offered to appointments, shopping, errands, restaurant dining, recreational activities, and more.
- Senior Companionship Care: In addition to being present and attentive with our clients, we also provide meal preparation, laundry services, light housekeeping, grocery shopping and errands, and medication reminders.
- Senior Personal Care: We know it can become difficult for seniors to care for their personal grooming and hygiene. This is why we offer assistance with bathing, grooming, hygiene, mobility assistance, transferring, positioning, toileting, incontinence assistance, feeding, and special diet assistance.
- Senior Specialty Care: Every senior home health scenario is unique and can offer up a particular set of challenges. Our specialty care services are designed for seniors experiencing Alzheimer’s and dementia, nearing the end-of-life, fall risks, respite care, transitioning homes, or utilizing safety technology.
What makes Austin Home Health better than our competition?
At Austin Home Health, our caregivers practice Interactive Caregiving. This method of senior care raises the senior’s quality of life and independence to a level higher than typical home care. Through Interactive Caregiving, our caregivers, fully engage and interact with seniors in their care.
There are four primary components to Interactive Caregiving:
- An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness, and a longer life
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
- Home safety is promoted by the companionship of a caregiver and preventive measures, including safety technologies available through Austin Home Health
In addition to the benefits that Interactive Caregiving offers to our clients, we go above and beyond with our unique home health offering:
- Our caregivers are able to transport clients
- Our rates are on a slidign scale, depending on client need
- There is no long-term contract
- We screen our caregivers’ backgrounds monthly
- We do not have a weekly minimum
What does senior home health care cost in Austin, TX?
How can I pay for home health care services in Austin, TX?
Austin Home Health has several payment options that are supported for your convenience:
- Long-term care insurance: Reimbursement for in-home care
- Private pay: Personal assets, savings, and family help
- Consumer financing: Secured and unsecured loans, lines of credit, and credit cards
- Life insurance settlement: Sale of a life insurance policy (including term policies)
- Home equity loan: Loan using equity in home as collateral
- Home equity conversion mortgage: Conversion of home equity into cash
- Veteran benefits: In-home care for veterans and their spouses
Is this home health agency in my local area?
Austin Home Health is prepared to assist clients nearly anywhere in the Austin metro area. Please request a phone call to discuss the available options in your specific area.
How do I contact Austin Home Health?
We would love to chat with you about your senior home health care needs and answer any questions you might have to make this important decision. Please fill out this form and someone from our office will contact you within 24 hours, or give us a call, right now…
What days and hours is the home health care agency available?
We understand that senior home care is a 24-hour job that doesn’t take a break. That’s why we have designed our caretaker programs to easily provide senior care for you and your family 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Is my senior care agency available only in my home, or are their care facilities?
One of the wonderful things about the Austin Home Health model is that we are able to provide services, virtually, answer we’re needed. That means that we offer service in your home, but also are available to provide care in hospitals, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes. Our care is based on your needs.
How much notice do I need to provide in order to start senior care service?
At Austin Home Health, we have professional, vetted caretakers standing by. Depending on your needs and location, we are often able to begin providing home health services within a few hours of receiving a referral.
How does Austin Home Health choose its caregivers?
We know how important the safety and quality of care for you and your loved ones is and we have designed our processes with this is mind. At Austin Home Health, we interview caregiver candidates twice, check their references, and perform both criminal and motor vehicle background checks.
Those caregiver candidates selected for employment must attend an orientation, demonstrate skill competency, and pass a final exam. Once hired, caregivers must meet yearly continuing education requirements to assure the service you receive is the highest quality available.
Will my senior home caregiver be a contractor or an employee of Austin Home Health?
We want each of our caregivers to be committed to the senior care they are giving. Austin Home Health was founded to create a quality process of caregiver selection that went above and beyond the competition’s standards. For this reason, all of our caregivers are carefully chosen employees, not contractors. This assures that you get a caregiver who is both responsible and trustworthy while providing seniors with an on-going friendship.